Monday, November 12, 2012

Reading by Nightlight

When she was about 3 1/2, DD started to turn on the light in her bedroom so she could read past her bedtime.  This went on for a couple of nights (I think!) until I started "checking in" on her to "make sure she was alright" about 5 minutes after I put her down for the night (when they're 3, they don't always realize that you can see the light under the door, nor the impulse control to wait until you are far gone from the bedroom area!)

I recently discovered DD trying to read by nightlight (Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, if you must know).  (I wonder if that's why she suddenly started complaining that one nightlight wasn't bright enough?)  So now we've decided to remove all interesting books from the bedroom at bedtime so she can get some sleep.   The nightlight stays to ward off the dinosaur shadows. (Yes, I realize the shadows are created by the nightlight.  Terrified 4 year olds don't always listen to reason.)

Any other ideas?  Share a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment