Saturday, April 26, 2014

Nate the Great and the Missing Key


Author:  Marjorie Sharmat
Lexile measure: 380
Language: Mild name calling, such as "stupid".  One page of text in cursive.
Violence:  None.
Big Kid Mature Topics:   The main character repeatedly mentions his fear of scary dogs.
Illustrations:  Black and white shaded drawings, every few pages.
Plot:  complex.

DS loves Nate the Great, and I think everyone in the family at least listened to me read this book aloud with DS's help.  I remembered this book from my own childhood.  It isn't great literature, but this series is a lot of fun because the mystery makes you think about what you've read.  I think this is one of the better ones in the series.  I posted previously about Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment